9-11 Vicar Street is the second of our ‘Priority Projects’ to start on site.
The building was erected in 1870 and was initially used as Parish Council Offices. The Historic Environment Scotland listing describes it thus:
Circa 1870. Renaissance, 2-storey 5 window, channelled ground floor with pilastered openings, central arched doorpiece with pediment. 1st floor architraved openings with consoled cornices and Corinthian pilastered ends.
An ornate lamp used to sit above the central doorway but at some point this was removed.
The building repairs were completed by March 2016 and it is great to see the change to the stonework and windows.
Note: Historic Photographs reproduced by permission of Falkirk Herald and Falkirk Museums and Archives
Timescale: 3 Months