Falkirk THI has come to a close, following 5 years of activity in the town centre
We are extremely grateful to everyone who has participated in Falkirk THI, from the grantees who carried out repairs to their buildings, to the volunteers who worked with us to deliver events and the local businesses and residents who have had to put up with the building work which has been going in the town centre. We hope you agree that the results were worth the disruption!
Over the past 5 years we have:
- Awarded 86 individual grants, which helped to repair 32 different buildings in the town centre.
- Improved over 6.500sqm of public realm, using heritage materials such as granite kerbs and Caithness flag stone paving.
- Helped bring 225sqm and 11 empty units back into use.
- Delivered heritage construction training opportunities to over 1,000 young people, contractors and members of the public.
- Engaged with over 40,000 people through over 50 heritage engagement activities.
- Trained 8 new tour guides, to deliver heritage tours of the town centre.