32-36 Newmarket Street is the first of our Small Building Repair Projects to start on site. We do not know when the building was built, but plans were made for alterations to the building in 1914 by architect James Strang and in 1938 by James Gavin Callander.
Repairs to the building include external fabric repairs to masonry, leadwork and windows. Two shopfronts will also be reinstated to traditional appearance.This should be our second shopfront reinstatement and we cannot wait to see the change it will make to the building.
Note: Historic Photographs reproduced by permission of Falkirk Herald.